Friday, July 17, 2009

Accident prone? You betcha!

Nothing as major as a bathtub fall, but annoying. We have a 4 ft. tall cactus along the path from the front to backyard. I brushed against it unknowingly and spent an evening pulling spines out of my back.

Are they called spines? The prickly things on cacti? Hmm...

Anyway, I've had a spot on my side for weeks that would not stop itching and was a little swollen. Hubby swore he'd gotten them all, but last night he found one. In that spot. Yay.

Other than that adventure, things have been mellow. Hubby had a week off, so exercise that week was mostly on our day trips - state parks, the zoo, parks, and the like. It wasn't the typical stroll, either. We kept a 3-4 mph pace most of the time.

Since it is much later than I thought, I need to get moving. Here's to a great weekend! Cactus-free, baby!

2 comments:

Lady Jo said...

Hello Sherriet, just stopping by to view your blog! Good luck with your journey on getting healthier!! If you're ever looking for something to blog about, I made a new site with journaling excersizes for self discovery, please come check it out!
http://journalyourselfawake.blogspot.com/

Kristen's Raw said...

We went to The Sprout on your recommendation. Thanks you! We loved it. Yum!

Cheers,
Kristen