Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm loving Jackfruit and WW

Last week I watched my portions and got in more produce.  The result was a 2 pound loss and looser pants.  My usually bloated tummy looks smaller - to me and hubby - and I feel pretty good.  Even the three day migraine didn't mess things up much.  Yay!

I logged most of my meals on SparkPeople and realized how I regained the weight.  I let fattier foods and larger portions take over my plate for the most part and did not get in the sweat time I need.  Food is a big part of it for me, and I know how to do better.  I am doing better.

And speaking of food, want a recipe?   I'm in love with Jackfruit.  I my first batch of Jackfruit Carnitas last week and made my second last night.  These Enchiladas came together quickly because of the leftovers and convinced me to keep it on hand.  It's perfect - it's a non-soy, fiber-rich, all-natural meat substitute.  Yay!

Speaking of SparkPeople, I'm leader of two teams, Charleston Sparkers and Vegetarian/Vegans with 100+ to Lose.  V/V is small, only 6 members, and was a good place for me a few months back.  The leader disappeared, so I stepped up.  Knowing that others are expecting me to help them stay motivated will help me stay motivated.  Join me?

No comments: