Friday, February 13, 2009

Soul Vegetarian South is back!

I am so stoked!

I loved Soul Vegetarian because it was vegan, healthy, and soul food! It was also not too far from home and I could get there by bus without turning it into an all day event. They closed for lunch for a couple of years and I missed them terribly.

Well, this week they reopened and hubster and I grabbed lunch today. He had the protein wrap (TVP with sauteed onions and peppers) and I went for the kalebone wrap (kick-butt seitan roast with sauteed onions and peppers). We both had the mac and cheese for old times sake and hubster rounded off his meal with the split pea soup. We were not disappointed! Yum is all I can say, people. I couldn't finish my wrap, so half is sitting in the fridge waiting for me.

Swing by, 11 am - 3 pm weekdays. Same place as before, on Rivers Avenue just south of Reynolds. Don't let the area scare you - go get a great lunch!

Besides a great lunch, we picked up our first fruit tree today and have a Meyer lemon sitting on the counter just waiting to be sliced. Our home is coming together! Our garden is going to rock!

No comments: