I'm still here and doing well. I'm slowly getting to the place I want to be. Not long ago I'd be frustrated with the speed of progress, but I've finally learned that I cannot force it or I'll end up further behind. I wish I'd realized it before, but I know now. Dwelling kicks my butt as much as sitting still does.
Here's some of what I learned this past year:
- I discovered two sources of pain that I can control. That made a world of difference in how I feel.
- My dogs must be up my butt, every second of every day that they're awake. Well, just Victor. Poor thing is a mess lately. If his routine is off, he's a neurotic 80+ pound lap dog.
- I love these people more every day.
- Gray hair knows no bounds.
- I'm more patient than I realized.
- My tolerance for bull ish is much lower. Yes, I realize these last two may clash, but it is what it is.
- Make the new year healthier than the year before.
- Embrace love and light.
- Release the negativity.
So here's to 2013. May yours be filled with love, laughter, and light.