Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Almost forgot - another reason to turn on the oven

This mac & cheez from VegNews. I've been playing with different variations of vegan mac & cheez and think I'll give this one a shot. So far my fav has been from the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen with a lightened version of The New Farm's recipe running a close second. Especially when either diced tomatoes or broccoli are tossed in - yummy!

And what did I see when I went to FFVK to grab the link? Blueberry Oat Bars! OMG, I've got to make these! I have everything for them on hand. See, this wahm has been seriously craving sugar - so much that the kids' Nutri-Grain bars are looking good. I've always thought they should have more filling (and a name that truly reflects what they are, bigger fig newtons with non-fig fillings). The blueberry oat bars might just do the trick.

Dang! Hubster has jury duty tomorrow. Pooh!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I <3 the Fat Free Vegan Kitchen.

Unknown said...

I know! I love the blog and have joined the Yahoo group. Have you?