Friday, July 4, 2008

Here's how my week went

It's been stressful, but not bad overall. I exercised, ate ok, and made it through two potential binges. I won't bore you with too many details.

I bought a pedometer and logged my walks and elliptical strides.:
Monday - 8,000 steps
Tuesday - 3500 so far (stupid pedometer reset during my morning walk)
Wednesday - 3672 steps
Thursday - 2200 steps (not a good day at all)
Friday - 4200 so far

21,572 for the week! Not too shabby!

I also made it through the week without Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb knocking me off my feet during their morning walk/run. They did, however, destroy dog bed #4, a pair of sunglasses, and a battery for one of s-son's RC cars. Lovely, eh?

I've been a slacker about getting in a sweat-inducing workout lately. I have Turbo Jam just sitting here, so I've decided that I'll follow the schedule for a month to see how what progress I make. I really liked the workout. I just feel strange about working out with an audience. Silly, isn't it? I like how it feels, but blow it off in case I hear giggles or a snide comment. It's all in my head. My kids like when I exercise and have joined me. The last ones to giggle were hubby and my brother when I pulled out one Richard Simmons' Broadway videos. And they quickly shut up once they saw that it was work - I challenged the slackers and they left me alone after 5 minutes, lol. I need to shut those bad inner voices out and get back to work. Feel free to give me a shove if I slack off.

Have a wonderful weekend! Get your grill on - lots of healthy alternatives out there that taste just as good!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Woohoo! You're so inspiring! Way to go, girlfriend!

I must admit, Richard Simmons would make me laugh too. But, a breakin' a sweat is breakin' a sweat...

How much is a pedometer?

Unknown said...

Thanks! I found a decent one at Target for a whopping $5 - with tax! They can get pricey, but my dogs have a tendency to chew anything that isn't out of reach and destroyed my last one.

The Proverbs Wife said...

I have great site that I would like to refer you to. It's free to sign up and you earn a couple of dollars while you work on getting fit. Me and many of my readers and friends have signed up. I would love to have you join us since you are also into living a healthy lifestyle. Vist my post http://proverbswife.blogspot.com/search/label/Health or just click on the health topic on my left sidebar.

Also, I've added you as a friend on social spark and will be back to visit soon.

Unknown said...

Hi and thanks for stopping by, Hadias. I'll check out your blog soon and will see you on SS.