Sunday, July 13, 2008

The next 4 weeks

...will consist of final exams, a huge IT Networking project, new house stuff (cleaning, painting, ripping up carpet & finishing hardwood floors, reglazing bathroom tiles, work, school stuff for the kiddos, snuggling with hubster, being knocked over by dogs (as usual), and following the routine that helped me when I started on a weigh loss journey a few years back. This will be my typical weekday routine:

  • Get hubster off to work
  • 15-20 minute walk with the dogs (well, hobble for me until my knee is back to 100%)
  • 8 Minutes in the Morning
  • Breakfast and supplements (multi+iron, GLA, CoQ10, joint formula, flaxseed oil, magnesium + calcium, something for pain if needed)
  • School & work
  • Family stuff - lunch with the kids, torturing them with my 'uncoolness,' dinner with my three favorite people
  • Afternoon or evening walk or yoga; meditation
On weekends I'll get to skip the am dog walking cause hubster & the kids take over, and I may not have work, but everything else stays the same.

Program and personal goals
  • Start 7/14
  • 6-8 pounds down by 8/10 (218-220 the goal weight)
  • 190 by 12/31
Overall goals
  • 150 pounds
  • 45 minute to 1 hour karate or kickboxing class (or video) at least twice a week
I will look at myself the way hubby sees me.

When this 4 weeks is over, I'll start a new cycle. I can eat what I want; nothing's forbidden. I will play with my food as always, but will try new things more often. I'll weigh in weekly, but will stay away from the tape measure for at least 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Woohoo! I got my bootay out of bed this morning, and boy, am I tired! I am glad you are doing this with me. It is def. motivation. I told DH last night that I HAVE to get up, because I'm not the only one committing to this!

"I will look at myself the way hubby sees me.": I love that you say this. I should do this too!

Have a good day!

Unknown said...

That's exactly how I feel, that I have to get up because I have someone meeting me!

Hope your day is a good one, too!