Saturday, July 26, 2008

Long time no update.

I don't have much playtime these days, but that will change somewhat after finals next week.

We closed on the house & have started on the makeover. I'll share pics soon. We've picked our paint colors, have kick butt hardwoods that need just a little love (30+ years under a carpet will keep 'em pretty). DD wants a black carpet and lavender walls - we can do that. DS wants royal blue & an area rug. Hubster & I are going with cafe a lait and a reddish accent wall.

We're packing and cleaning, all excited and just plain happy. I'm fighting through a flareup from hell. ON Tuesday and Wednesday I repeatedly lost my balance while standing still. Joyous. It's a sign that I need to go back in for another evaluation. Last time I was told that if things didn't improve that surgery was my only option.

Oh f*ckity f*ck f*ck.

The family knows I'm having a flareup, but don't know how bad it is yet. I know I should tell them, but summer is almost over, we're starting a new chapter of our lives, and I don't want to deal with the same questions and odd behavior thrown my way right after my diagnosis. What I really want is them happy until things slow down a bit.

If there was a time for comfort food, it's now. I've been pretty good about that this past week. We had coconut cake and I didn't have more the one slice a day and I didn't have a slice every day. I made a wicked vegetable stew for dinner the other night and wallowed in it's almost fat free, decadent, old school goodness. I followed the recipe from the winter 2007 issue of Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk and added celery and green peas. The dumplings I didn't like much (never have) so I only had the one (about the size of a half dollar coin).

As much as food could be used to comfort me, I won't use it that way. I'm going to be on crutches soon enough at this rate - I don't need to use food as one. Or alcohol. I'm so tempted.

I'm probably going to disappear for a day or two while I complete assignments and get more moving stuff out of the way.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Alessia L. said...

Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Slowly but surely getting better. :-)